Rising at No. 319 Dongxin Street, Xian, the Sofitel Luxury Hotel is standing at the corner of an encircled courtyard, which also encompassing the Grand Mercure and Mercure Xian on Renmin Square (all from the French consortium AccorHotels). As a proud member of the hotel giant’s luxury line, Sofitel Xian has won several awards highly recognized in the industry for its exquisite ambience, state-of-the-art amenities and an excellent service team. The hotel’s innovating tapering exterior shape, very much resembling a flight of stairs, and a observation elevator reaching all the way to top floors have long become a landmark structure in Xian.
Sofitel Luxury Hotel XianRanked #4 of 1,686 hotels in Xian
Why We Choose This Hotel
Sofitel Luxury Hotel Xian is considerably famed for the business facilities it is offering to the guests, especially the Grand Theater, extending a remarkable 6,500m2 and capable of holding a maximum of 1,500 people at one time, which has made it the venue for hosting countless diplomatic banquets, official meetings and major performances in the past decades. The Convention Center can be flexibly divided into different sizes to cater the guests’ various requirements. The hotel also has top-of-the-class recreational facilities, with a high-end spa center containing 12 therapy rooms, steam room, Jacuzzi, indoor fixed-temperature swimming pool, fitness center, beauty salon, flower shop and strings more entertainments all inside the hotel’s property.
The Sofitel Luxury Hotel Xian is currently holding 414 accommodations ranging from Superior Room, Luxury Room, Deluxe Room, Sofitel Suite, Executive Suite to Presidential Suite. All rooms are deliberately designed, decorated, and featuring MyBed, the patent mattress specially produced and supplied for Sofitel. Basics supplied in rooms include LCD TV, electronic safe, hairdryer, IDD phone with voice message, outlets of different specifications and so forth, along with services like dry cleaning, valet services and access to gym room, foreign currency exchange, car/pick-up service and other facilities.
Thanks to its prestigious location right besides the government office, hence the frequent visits paid by the dignitaries, sometimes foreign ambassadors, and the banquets, luncheons occasionally thrown here, the Sofitel Luxury Hotel Xian endeavors to deliver cuisines catering the various flavors of the guests from all over the world.
- Azur, opened 5:30 – 10:30, 11:30 – 14:30, 17:30 – 22:30, is offering rather authentic Mediterranean and southern European cuisines. Its performance-like cooking at the open kitchen has become one of its specialties that is drawing in local customers every day.
- Casablanca, opened 11:30 – 14:00, 17:30 – 22:00, is serving Moroccan and Halal dishes, which is quite popular among and outside the significant Muslim society in Xian.
- Le Chinois
- Le Chinois (opened 11:30 – 14:00, 17:30 – 21:30), meaning “The Chinese” in French, is without doubt featuring traditional Chinese, majorly Cantonese dishes and seafood. The restaurant is nestled at the Sofitel Convention Center, exquisitely designed and outfitted with 12 private rooms.
- Koi (opened 11:30 – 14:00, 17:30 – 22:00) is apparently offering genuine Japanese cuisine including teppanyaki (raw materials roasted on flat iron slab) and freshly made sushi dishes.
- Habana Club
- Habana Club (opened 18:00 – 2:00) is in fact a night club with live Latin music and a creative cocktail menu, a full wine list and cigar collection. Besides, it is also equipped with 10 karaoke rooms with the latest hits, which is the Chinese’ favorite nighttime activity.
- Bar Bambu
- Bar Bambu. It can be easily told from its title and the decoration that the Bar Bambu (opened 10am to midnight) is a venue for relaxation with the well-rounded tea selection and serene ambience provided. Cocktails and refreshments are also up for order on the menu. In case you fancy a more exotic taste like a cup of invigorating coffee and a piece of cake or European dessert.
- Café Ren
- Café Ren (opened 10:00 – 23:00) is just around the corner. A comprehensive wine list is as well featured here.
“Great Service, Great Hotel!”
This Sofitel in Xi'an was the best hotel I stayed in in China. My friend and I had booked the hotel based on trip advisor and followed the recommendations given by previous guests. Upon checking we decided to take the upgrade offered to us and we were happy we did. The upgrade entitled us to free breakfast and free use of the executive lounge. ……
This Hotel is exceptional. Possibly the best in the Accor group that I have stayed in. The service afforded by staff was top notch. The club lounge staff in particular were very helpful and looked after us very professionally during our stay. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel as the best one in Xi'AN.
“Amazing room, good service, nice location”
I loved this hotel. It was a hightlight as far as hotels go among Four Seasons and Waldorf. The location was nice, in a sort of walled off area to separate you from all the noise of the traffic of Xi'an. There were some nice fountains and an area you could walk around which I liked. The lobby was not fancy but nice in a modern way, there were nice areas to sit which I always like and some of the elevators had glass so you can see outside!......
(US & CA)